Patient Public Engagement
At Precision-Panc, the patient is the focus of everything we do, and as well as consulting with the Precision-Panc Patient Advisory Group, we work closely with other patient groups and charitable organisations to ensure that we are doing our best to meet their needs.
Precision-Panc realises the importance of the patient and carer voice in the research space and, with the invaluable help of Cancer Research UK and Pancreatic Cancer UK, have created the Precision-Panc Patent Advisory Group
Members of the group were identified via Pancreatic Cancer UK’s Research Involvement Network and Cancer Research UK’s Your Involvement Network.
The Precision-Panc Patient Involvement Plan was developed by Pancreatic Cancer UK, in consultation with Pancreatic Cancer Scotland, CRUK and the Precision-Panc PPI working group
The Precision-Panc Patient Advisory Group (PP PAG) currently comprises 7 members and, to date, the PP PAG has:
- successfully reviewed and developed key message documents for both patients and healthcare professionals – please click below to see the key messages for patients
- Provided representatives on the Precision-Panc Steering Committee, Scientific Advisory Board and Umbrella Trials Steering Committee
- Reviewed and offered constructive comment on the Precision-Panc website
- Reviewed the Precision-Panc brochure
- Reviewed Patient Information Sheets for many of the PRIMUS studies
- Reviewed the PRIMUS 006 study proposal
There are over 20 further tasks on which the PP PAG will be invited to consult over the next months and years.
To help our Precision-Panc investigators we have put together some information and what the PP PAG is and how it can help them. This document can be accessed below: